#ContactForm1 { display: none ! important; }

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

SLEEP EXPERT DR. NEIL STANLEY


I recently returned from a trip to London where I was fortunate enough to meet and speak with Sleep Expert Dr Neil Stanley.  He has been involved in sleep research for close to 30 years, he is a past Chairman of The British Sleep Society, has a PHD, he's written 35 papers on sleep, lets just say the man knows what he's talking about.

He asked what I consider the million dollar question, " How much would you pay for something that will make you happier, healthier, more intelligent, make you lose weight, be more attractive to the opposite sex and add years to your life?"   Many of us, over the years, have spent a small fortune on diet pills, Botox etc., compared to what most of us have spent on a mattress, makes you wonder.  I've read many articles on sleep, but hearing it come straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak, had a huge impact on me.  I had no idea that a great night's sleep could change my life in so many ways.


Dr. Stanley spoke about giving people IQ tests before and after depriving them of sleep.  The testees' IQ's dropped after having been deprived of catching their zzz's.  While we are asleep our mind practices tasks we learned during the day, thus reinforcing that knowledge and boosting our memory.  Remembering why I've walked into a certain room and what I'm doing there would be fantastic.  Sign me up!  You know the saying, "Time is MONEY!"  I feel like I waste too much of it by not being on my A Game.  A well rested mind is more easily stimulated and inspired, you will be able to recreate more accurately what you dreamed about and it is usually challenges from our day to day life that we are trying to master.  If you could perform your job better you would make more money and that is something most of us aspire to.
 It isn't just great for your brain it can also help you lose weight.  Do I have your attention now?  Sleep does a body good.  Bikini Season is in full swing and I for one plan on spending lots of time in one!  Don't throw your money away on diet pills.  Sleep and our metabolism are connected by the same branch of the brain.  When you aren't getting enough sleep, the hormone Gherlin, that controls your appetite, is stimulated, making you hungry.  If your sleep is disturbed, Leptim a chemical that sends signals to your brain that you are full, will decrease and you won't feel full even if you just ate.  These are the reasons you find yourself in front of the refrigerator in the middle of the night, and we can't have that during Bikini Season.

When you sleep your mind and body are working at superior levels and you are able to have more stamina in the gym.  I wasn't going to say in bed, but we all know where this is headed.  A better body, a more active brain, add up to a more fulfilling life, can you really put a price tag on that?  Sleep is the miracle drug that can change your life.

If your mattress isn't doing it's job anymore, allow me to fit you to the perfect support system for your body at "+Cantoni Sleep Studio .
 
 

1 comment: